27 March 2010

...And so it begins...

My name is Chris, and my girlfriend, Hannah, of two years left this week for the Provo Missionary Training Center.  So begins 18 months of separation broken only by weekly letters.


I guess the best way to start this blog is to start at the very beginning.  Hannah and I actually met almost seven years ago, back in high school.  It was the stuff of corny chick flicks, we met through mutual friends, the meeting itself was nothing special, we didn't look at each other with anything more than a passing interest.  I remember thinking she was cute, her personality wasn't really my type, plus I was seeing Ashley at the time.


That was it, time went by, we saw each other a handful of times over the next few years as our groups of friends joined and separated.  It wasn't until about 4 years later, just over 3 years ago that there was a spark.  I was headed to treat an old friend, Jessica, who went to college down the highway to a birthday dinner.  When I get to her place I find out that she and Hannah are roommates!  I mean, seriously, what are the odds?  Well once again I was in a relationship, this time with Liz, but I can't lie, Hannah definitely caught my eye.


The next time Hannah and I saw each other was about six months later when we were both back home for the summer.  It was completely out of the blue, Hannah and I hadn't really spoken in about a year and a half and had probably only seen each other two times in that period, so I was really caught off guard.  I was still in the relationship I mentioned before the summer months had turned it into a long distance relationship.  She was putting together a gathering of old friends, so I went.  Well by the end of the night Hannah and I were talking pretty intensely, and before we knew it it was about 2AM and I had work the next morning!


Well believe it or not that was the last time I saw Hannah that summer.  In fact, I didn't see her again for almost a year, when I was helping Jessica move back home the next summer.  Hannah and Jessica weren't roommates this year but they remained good friends.  We all went to dinner before heading home, while there Hannah and I really hit things off and, since things with Liz didn't work out, I was single.


Well, the rest is history...

No comments: