20 February 2011

Ward Prayer

I attended my first Ward Prayer tonight.  As in First Ever.


It was really enjoyable!  Brianne was there, we talked about what she wanted to do.  Not the girls version of "So what do you do?" where I really hear "How much do/will you make?", when I ask "what do you do?"  It more like a "please tell me you aspire to be more than a housewife." (note: nothing against housewifery, it's a time-honored tradition, just not exactly my thing, I'd get bored.)  Her answer passed judgment.  Then I ate some cookies.  Then spoke to the Bishop for about 20 minutes.  Then shortly after discovered in passing that Brianne is some familial relation to the bishop.  Wait, back up.  I'm still trying to figure it out, it only happened an hour ago, yet.  The bishop is far too young to be a grandparent, yet seemingly too old to be her father.  My hypothesis is that he is her father, that she's the youngest, and, like my family, the children are spread out over a wide range of years- did I mention that when I'm little sister can date I'll be just shy of 30, and my parents just shy of 60?


Well this gives me something to ponder.  I'm mean it's not like anything serious is going on, but do I want to affiliate with a bishop's daughter?  Especially a YSA ward bishop's daughter.   I know, I know, I've been told how unreasonable I am with girls, their religiosity and spirituality, as I have dated a girl who is now on a mission.


I've become pretty popular at the YSA ward.  I've only attended six times so far and already most of the regularly active girls know my name, some, like Brianne, make an effort to sit by me in Sunday school.  I've accepted this is a result of me being the most attractive, regularly active, ACTUALLY single, Young Single Adult in ward.  I don't feel I'm being cocky by saying this, and usually I'm really cocky, it's an easy form of humor if people get it, if not they hate me, anyway...  I also, like(from what I hear) most YSA wards, the single women outnumber single men about two to one.  I'll take it, it's nice to be the attractive guy.  I'm not ugly, based on what I've been told I'm probably an 8, though now that I've typed that I'm second-guessing myself, the 13 year-old nerd boy in my brain would have me believe I'm a 5.5.


I must say, I really enjoy this ward.  I didn't think I would, but now I actually find Sundays the easiest day of the week to wake up in the morning.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm curious as to why you didn't consider that Brianne is his niece....

Waited For a Sister Missionary said...

I guess since my Stake, and therefore my YSA ward only covers about 30 square blocks, most people don't have family living in the same stake.

singlemormonchick said...

glad it went so well.
i wouldnt worry too much about any family relationship-if you like her, ask her out. its not like you are some jerk that will try and take advantage.