From first impressions I think this singles ward is promising.
- The people are nice, I actually found a group of guys and girls to sit with after only about 5 minutes, in my home singles ward it's very cliquey and you only sit with people you know.
- They're also very social, in between blocks the volume is at a medium roar from all of the people talking, again another improvement from home.
- They seem to have activities fairly often, we're actually supposed to have some kind of gathering tonight, but I don't remember what time so I probably won't make it.
- Multi-Ward meeting blocks; every meeting block my ward is paired off with one other ward each hour, also once a month all the wards meet together for sacrament meeting.
- Couples; apparently people from the ward hook up.
- The biggest one, the Male/Female ratio is about 50/50 compared to the 35/65 back home.
- The schedule is really confusing, the multi-ward groups mean people are moving in and out quickly, so picking your seat is key to meeting people from outside your ward.
- High Average Age; The people I sat with were all at least 4 years older than me, this makes me worry about getting the "Kid Brother Treatment" like I get with my roommates, where they're nice, maybe even caring, but I don't get to hang out with them.
- Couples; What the heck?! Most of the attractive sisters are claimed.